"Designed and manufactured in the UK using lead-free solder and renewable energy."
BLOCKsignalling Infra Red Aspect Controller for Common Cathode Signals ASP1
A Better Way to Operate your Signals:
The Signal Controller detects trains by bouncing invisible Infra-Red (IR) light off the underside of the rolling stock, and detecting the light reflected back. Once triggered by the train, the module runs built-programs to simulate the operation of 2-, 3- or 4-aspect signals.
The signal normally show green. When the train passes the detector, the signal switches to red. Once the train has fully cleared the detector, the module switches the signal back to green (via yellow and double yellow if appropriate).
The duration of the red, yellow and double yellow stages can be adjusted as can the time the sensor needs to be cleared before initiating the sequence returning to green and the sensitivity of the detection. Adjusting the time the sensor needs to be cleared can be useful to prevent incorrect detection of the train having passed due to the small gaps between the rolling stock.
This item is available in this ground switching version (where each of the channels switches to ground, and there is a common +5V output) and +12V switching version (where there is a common ground terminal, and each output switches to 12V). This version is the one where each output switches to 12V.
- Uses an infra-red sensor mounted below the track to detect trains passing above
- When a train is detected, the module triggers the signal to switch to red
- Signal automatically switches back to green (through yellow and double-yellow if appropriate)
- Flexible programming options to suit different signals and to allow adjustment of timings to suit
- Designed for signals which need +12V to be connected to them to light their leds (common cathode)
- No calibration required - works out of the box.
- No modifications required to rolling stock.
- Not affected by light or dark, or changes in light level.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK using lead-free solder and renewable energy.
The module operates with any 12V DC supply.
Please double check all wiring before applying power, as incorrect wiring can damage the unit.
Please Note: Signal NOT included
Each Unit comes with full fitting instructions but to view these before purchasing please copy and paste the link below to your Internet Browser: